Monday, April 25, 2011

A Recent Visit with Dad


Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is the most recent photo of my Dad. We were able to visit with him before Easter, it is always a blessing to be able to hold his hand and touch his face. I think it's the best way to say "I love you". He rarely speaks anymore, his words are often just mumblings. I think often of how heaven will restore him. How it offers hope that surpasses our earthly understanding. What a beautiful thing to yearn for. The "hope of heaven". I think I am finally understanding it. I pray often for Dad's coming home, for his healing, for his first glimpse of His savior.

I wish that I could say that it is always easy to be with my Dad. But often, I find I leave so broken and sad. Is this really how it has to end for him? In one moment, I can find strength in knowing that I will see him again in eternity... but in another moment all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

Dad, I miss your smile, your laugh, your contagious spirit. I even miss your humor. I see a lot of you in all 3 of us...
I see you in Greg... the way he captures a room and can talk to anyone!
I see you in Lindsey... (her chin especially!) her ability to communicate effectively, her confidence, her love for people.
I see you in myself... I'm just plain old goofy, and really love people!
I can't wait to see even more of you in our children!

As always... I am most proud of my mom. Her endurance, her stamina, her compassion. Her love runs deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment